US Business Immigration Attorney

The United States citizenship and immigration laws are complex. Various immigration issues might be difficult and stressful to deal with on your own. Therefore, consulting with Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq., a business immigration attorney with offices in New Jersey, can help you save time, money, and effort.

What are Nonimmigrant or Work Visas?

Suppose you plan a trip to the United States for pleasure, temporary work, business, or medical attention. In that case, you are most likely required to obtain a nonimmigrant (temporary) visa. A nonimmigrant visa is issued to a foreigner who wishes to travel to the United States for a specific purpose and a set duration.

Nonimmigrant visa applicants must prove financial ability to support themselves while in the U.S. and possess the qualifications required for the particular type of visa sought. Each type of nonimmigrant visa is identified by a letter-number combination. Just as nonimmigrant visas vary in purpose, they also vary in how long they last. Each nonimmigrant visa is given an expiration date according to the law. A qualified Princeton immigration attorney can help you understand the different eligibility requirements for each category.

Below are some of the most common types of nonimmigrant work visas:

  • A – career diplomats
  • B – temporary visitors for business and pleasure
  • C – aliens in transit*
  • D – crew members*
  • E – treaty traders and investors
  • F – students
  • G – international organization representatives
  • H – temporary workers
  • I – foreign media representatives
  • M – students in non-academic institutions*
  • N – parents and children of special immigrants*
*We do not handle these types of visa.

If you have any questions regarding an immigration matter, call us. We offer a free 15-minute consultation so we can address your needs without worrying about your wallet. You’ll be sure you have the best lawyers at the other end of the line.

Nonimmigrant visas waiver of interview requirement

Why Do I Need an Immigration Attorney?

U.S. immigration laws are extremely challenging to navigate. It changes daily as new forms, rules, and regulations are published by the government. Working with our skilled Princeton immigration lawyers can help you understand immigration and citizenship.

At Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq. LLC, we focus on business immigration and specialized immigration for talented individuals. Our immigration law firm can determine the best visa category to meet your needs. Our in-depth understanding of the complex U.S. immigration laws and regulations will be a tremendous help in ensuring the success of your petition.

Our skillful New Jersey immigration attorneys are here to help you resolve even the most complicated immigration challenges. Contact our law office now and schedule a free 15-minute consultation.

What are the Different Types of U.S. Visas?

Any foreign national who wishes to enter the United States must obtain a visa. It could be a nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay or an immigrant visa for a permanent stay. 

A competent immigration lawyer in Princeton, NJ, knows what types of visas are available to you and can help you compile a valid and complete application. This will save you time and money and avoid the rejection of your visa application.

Specialized Immigration Services/Talented Individuals

Many individuals cannot determine their talents, especially if they are not world-class artists, singers, or dancers. However, it is important to remember that various types of talents exist. Our reliable Princeton immigration attorneys have already worked with numerous clients who are all extraordinarily talented. There are short-term employment visas available to certain talented foreigners doing specialized work in the U.S.

The law office of Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq. LLC. is experienced in bringing talented actors, models, sports professionals, and artists into the U.S. If you want to know how, call our law office immediately!


O-1 Visa: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is intended for people with exceptional talent in the arts, sciences, education, business, or athletics, as well as those with a track record of extraordinary success in the film or television industries. National or international recognition for accomplishments in these fields can be your ticket into the country.

The basic requirement for the O visa is a job offer from a U.S. employer. There is no annual limit on the number of people receiving this type of visa. To meet the O-1 visa standards, the applicant must show extraordinary ability, typically needing national or international acclaim. 

This visa can be given to a person who is a recipient of a major internationally recognized award, such as the Pulitzer Prize or an Olympic medal.

The O nonimmigrant classification is as follows:

  • O-1A: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, motion pictures, or television industry)
  • O-1B: Individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry
  • O-2: Individuals who will accompany an O-1 artist or athlete to assist in a specific event or performance; and
  • O-3: Individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1 and O-2 visa holders.


P-1 Visa for Athletes and Entertainers

A short-term U.S. work visa, known as the P-1 visa, is available to outstanding and internationally recognized athletes, athletic teams, and entertainment companies with a job offer from a U.S. employer. P-1 visas can be issued based on the expertise of a group. P-1 visa applications will be approved only when the appropriate U.S. sports league or organization is consulted by the USCIS.


P-2/Reciprocal Exchange Program

The P-2 visa classification is designated for artists or entertainers, either individuals or groups, who wish to enter the U.S. temporarily as part of a reciprocal exchange program. 

There should be two organizations involved in this exchange program: an organization in the United States and one abroad that provides for the temporary exchange of artists and entertainers. Required documents for this category of visa application include: 

  • Descriptions of the exchange program, 
  • Formal, reciprocal exchange agreements, and 
  • Evidence of qualifying skills.

Employment-Based Immigration

Foreigners who wish to come to the U.S. to work have several different visa options. A knowledgeable Princeton immigration lawyer can help you determine your eligibility for an employment-based visa. There are five key types of employment-based (E.B.) visas:


EB-1 Visa/Green Card: Exceptional Ability

Priority workers fall into the first preference category of U.S. employment-based visas. EB-1 covers applicants with “extraordinary ability,” such as business professionals, academics and researchers, scientists, the arts, or athletics. This category is also intended for executives or managers of multinational companies being transferred to jobs in the U.S. This type of visa does not require labor certification.


EB-2 Visa/Green Card: Advanced Degree or Exceptional Ability

EB-2 visas are available to professionals with advanced degrees, foreign equivalents, or people of exceptional ability in their field. This type of visa can also be issued to those applicants whose employment is in the national interest of the United States.


EB-3 Visa/Green Card: Skilled, Professional, or Other Workers

EB-3 visas are issued to those foreign applicants holding a bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent, as well as skilled and unskilled workers who have a non-temporary offer of employment from a U.S. employer. Skilled workers must be capable of performing skilled labor requiring at least two years of training or experience. The other worker category covers workers who are capable of performing unskilled labor and who are not temporary or seasonal.


EB-4 Visa/Green Card: Special Immigrants

This employment-based visa can be granted to certain special immigrants, including ministers, religious workers, and former U.S. government employees. Each category comes with a separate set of eligibility requirements and application processes.


EB-5 Visa/Green Card: Investors

EB-5 visas cover the Immigrant Investor Program. It can be issued to foreigners who have between $500,000 and $3 million to invest in a job-creating enterprise in the U.S. At least 10 U.S. workers must be employed by each foreign investor. The amount of money may vary depending on which area of the country will benefit from the investment.


What is a Green Card?

A green card is an identification card that shows that the non-citizen cardholder is a permanent resident of the United States. It proves that the permanent resident has been granted benefits, including permission to live and work in the USA. Green cards are available to immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, certain highly skilled workers, refugees, asylum seekers, or long-time residents.

U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents may petition for a green card on behalf of their immediate family members. Like most U.S. immigration procedures, the green card application process can be complicated. It often takes a matter of years before it is finally granted. In this case, our top-ranking Princeton immigration attorney can help you gather all the necessary documentation to support your petition and guide you throughout the process.

US Citizenship: When Are You Eligible?

There are two ways to become a United States citizen – by birth or naturalization. Individuals born in the United States are automatically granted U.S. citizenship. On the other hand, legal permanent residents (LPR) or green card holders may also become U.S. citizens through naturalization.

Those immigrants seeking citizenship through naturalization must meet certain criteria, such as English literacy and good moral character, while proving a general understanding of U.S. history, laws, and government. Non-citizens who have had a valid green card for at least five years, children of U.S. citizens, and non-citizens who served in the U.S. military typically qualify for U.S. citizenship if they meet all other requirements.

The process of becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization includes paperwork, background checks, an interview, testing, and an oath of allegiance. A seasoned Princeton immigration lawyer can help you understand the citizenship and naturalization process as it applies to your situation.

Contact Our Skilled New Jersey Immigration Attorney Now!

Immigration to the United States can be lengthy and complex for foreign nationals. There are many challenges in navigating the immigration system. The complex and rapidly changing U.S. immigration laws can be confusing.

No immigration procedure is easy, and most of the time, there are many steps to take and papers to file. Our competent Princeton NJ immigration attorneys at At Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq. LLC can provide strong legal advice and guidance throughout the complex visa application and immigration process. Our high success rate and years of service in the practice are proof that we are the best lawyers to handle your case.

Our Princeton immigration law firm has extensive experience helping many people throughout New Jersey and the surrounding areas successfully resolve their immigration issues.