L Visa for Temporary Workers (L-1A and L-1B)

L-1 Visa Attorneys in Princeton, NJ

America is known as a place of freedom, success, and even once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. 

If you are a manager, executive, or employee of a foreign firm with specialized knowledge and want to move to the United States to work for one of that company’s associated entities, you should speak with a reputable lawyer and ask about the L-1 intracompany transferee visa. 

The New Jersey immigration attorney at Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq. LLC can walk through the challenging L-1 application procedure. We can also ensure all the paperwork is filled out correctly and respond to any of your questions. 

Our law firm is committed to helping individuals like you to live the American Dream. Secure your L-1 Visa with us. Contact us now for a free 15-minute consultation!

Why Do I Need an L-1 Visa Attorney in Princeton, NJ?

The truth about immigration to the United States is that many possible immigrants are unaware of all the steps that must be taken and being uninformed acts as a barrier to entry and legal residency.

When it comes to dealing with immigration issues, you should have an attorney for the reasons listed below:

  • They will ensure that there are no mistakes in the data you will provide. Without legal advice, the paperwork can be challenging, and there will be a higher chance of making mistakes.
  • Your lawyer is your partner. They can assist you with any immigration matter and obtaining a work visa and permanent residency in the United States.
  • They can simplify the legal procedure, protect your rights as an immigrant, and help you with your petition appeal.
  • They will assist you in compiling the necessary paperwork and supporting materials before submitting them.
  • They will carefully assess your case and look for potential future issues.

Our Princeton L-1 visa attorneys at Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq. LLC has relevant experience in the practice area of immigration to help you get through smoothly. We have a high success rate with immigration issues, making us one of the most reliable lawyers to help your case!

The American Dream is now within your reach. The immigration process can change your life with the legal services of our experienced immigration lawyer. Contact our law office immediately!

What is an L-1 Visa?

A manager, executive, or anyone with specialized knowledge can be transferred from a foreign company to a US company using the L-1 Visa, which is a nonimmigrant visa. The US business must be the foreign business’s parent, subsidiary, or affiliate.
The transferred employee must work as a manager, executive, or anyone with specific knowledge and skills for the US organization.

The L visa has two types:

  • L-1A Visa – if the foreign national will work as a management or executive in a US company.
  • L-1B Visa – if the employee will work as a person with specialized knowledge.

The L-1 visa gives your spouse and children immigration privileges while allowing you to stay and work in the country for prolonged periods.

Is Self-Petition Allowed When Getting an L-1 Visa?

The answer is no. Self-petition is not permitted for the L1 visa, and the US business must submit the petition on behalf of the employees. Therefore, the L1 visa holder is regarded as the beneficiary, while the US corporation is regarded as the petitioner.

What are the Benefits of an L-1 Visa?

The following benefits of getting an L-1 visa:

  • Prolonged Stay -The L-1A visa for managers and executives has a 3-year initial validity period and a maximum 7-year extension period. In contrast, the L-1B visa for those with specialized expertise is initially valid for three years and may be extended for five years.
  • No cap on the number of L-1 visas issued each year – Unlike any other visas, the number of L-1 visas that may be granted each year has no cap.
  • Ability to work and live in the United States – You are permitted to live in the country and work for your L-1 employer if you have an L-1 visa.
  • Dual-purpose visa – The L-1 visa is a dual-intent visa, which means that you may intend to visit the United States temporarily while also considering future immigration and potential status as a lawful permanent resident.

Our competent immigration lawyers at Inderjit K. Sidhu, Esq. LLC successfully assisted people who were applying for an L-1 visa. Call us today for your immigration legal issue!

What are the Qualifications for an L-1 Visa?

To be eligible for L-1 classification, you have to satisfy the following:

For L-1A Classification

A US firm may move an executive or manager from one of its associated international offices to one of its locations in the country, thanks to the L-1A nonimmigrant classification.

This classification also enables a foreign business with no US affiliate office to send a manager or executive there to build one. On your behalf, your employer must submit Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and the required fee.

To be eligible, you must:

  • Generally have spent one of the three years preceding your admission to the United States working consistently for a qualified organization abroad; and
  • Be attempting to enter the country to work in an executive or managerial capacity for one of the employer’s qualified organizations or a branch of that company.

Managerial and Executive Capacity Positions

L-1A visa petitioners are known to qualify for two positions:

  • Executive Capacity – Executive capacity usually refers to your capacity to make several judgments with minimal supervision.
  • Managerial Capacity – This pertains to your capacity to administer an organization, a department, a subdivision, a function, or a component of it. It also generally refers to your capacity to oversee and regulate the work of professional personnel. Lastly, it refers to the capacity for high-level management of a crucial organizational function without the direct supervision of others.

For L-1B Classification

A US firm may move a professional employee with specialized expertise relevant to the organization’s interests from one of its connected international offices to one of its offices in the country. This designation also enables a foreign business that does not already have a US affiliate office to send a specialist to assist in building one. On your behalf, your employer must submit Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and the required fee.

To be eligible in this classification, you must:

  • Generally have spent one of the three years preceding your admission to the United States working steadily for a qualified organization abroad; and
  • Be looking to work in the US for a branch of the same business or one of its eligible companies in a specialized knowledge capacity.

Specialized Knowledge

A high level of knowledge or expertise in the organization’s processes and procedures is equivalent to having specialized knowledge about the petitioning organization’s product, service, research, equipment, techniques, management, or other interests and how they apply in international markets.

It would be beneficial to have an attorney who ensures the requirements and supporting documentation are accurate to increase your chances of receiving an L-1 visa. Call our seasoned Princeton L-1 visa attorneys today!

What are the Documents Needed for L-1 Visa?

The following are the documents you must submit if you are filing for an L-1 visa:

  • A detailed job description outlining your US job
  • Your resume or CV
  • General information for both the US company and the foreign company
  • Copies of your passport for you and your family
  • A detailed job description of your position with your foreign company

Our immigration attorneys in New Jersey can assist you in compiling all the paperwork. We will be at your side throughout the entire legal process. Contact us now!

What is the Application Process for L-1 Visa?

Below are the application processes you must follow if you are filing for an L-1 visa:

  • Read Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Instructions.
  • Form I-129 should be finished and signed.
  • Pay the filing fee if applicable.
  • Provide all necessary evidence and supporting documentation, including a duplicate copy of your Form I-129 and all supporting documentation, even if they are filing Form I-129, to seek a change of status (COS) or extension of stay (EOS) on your behalf.

The application process is more challenging than it seems, and you might encounter problems along the way. Our experienced immigration lawyer can help make the application process easier and more efficient. Call us by phone today for sound legal counsel.

What Should I Do Next After Filing?

Your employer will get the following once we have processed your petition after receiving your Form I-129:

  • A confirmation letter that the petition was received;
  • A biometric services notification (if necessary);
  • Appearance for an interview notification (if required); and
  • A notice of the verdict.

Our immigration lawyers are committed to helping individuals in securing their L-1 visas. We’ll submit all the requirements that are most appropriate for your needs. For any legal issues regarding immigration, call us now!

Call our Princeton Immigration Lawyers Now!

The Inderjit K. Sidhu, Esq. LLC. law firm can help L-1 visa applicants’ spouses and children obtain approval. We can assist you with legal issues such as specialized immigration, changing your visa status, and acquiring a work visa or a green card. Our skilled US business immigration attorneys help our clients achieve their goals and live the American Dream! Our experience will be invaluable in helping your visa application and compliance with the rules of relevant government agencies.

Our immigration law firm is devoted to providing top-notch immigration services without sacrificing the interests of our clients. Because we want immigration to be your best decision, we consistently develop real-time solutions that can transform your life.

The American Dream is now within your reach. Contact us for a free 15-minute consultation, or visit our immigration law firm in Princeton, NJ!