Nonimmigrant Visas Attorney Princeton, NJ

Skilled Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney in Princeton, New Jersey

A nonimmigrant visa is necessary for a temporary stay in the United States for any reason, including employment, tourism, and medical treatment. Nonimmigrant visas do not confer permanent status, the right to vote, or the ability to obtain new jobs. However, while the procedure may be straightforward for some, several issues can develop. At Inderjit K. Sidhu ESQ. LLC, our highly skilled immigration attorney in Princeton can handle your visa-related matter.

Why Do You Need a Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney in New Jersey?

Hiring our immigration lawyer in Princeton may be advantageous in several ways, as we:

  • Clarify alternatives and potential outcomes pertinent to your case
  • Assist you with gathering the required information and paperwork
  • Classify the application appropriately and verify all requirements are completed
  • Complete and submit all United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL) paperwork and papers
  • Maintain contact with the DOL and USCIS throughout the whole procedure
  • Monitor the entire nonimmigrant visa application procedure

Your success determines our own. At Inderjit K. Sidhu ESQ. LLC, this is not meaningless talk. You will know it from the initial free 15-minute consultation till the end of your case. Benefit from our immigration legal services as soon as possible!

What is a Nonimmigrant Visa?

Nonimmigrant visas are provided to foreign people seeking temporary entry into the United States for tourism, commerce, medical treatment, and some forms of temporary employment. American immigration law specifies the type of nonimmigrant visa required based on the purpose of travel.

Who is Eligible to Apply for Nonimmigrant Visas?

The United States is cautious to only give nonimmigrant visas to people and families that comply with the criteria. To be eligible for a visa, you must be traveling to the United States for one of the following purposes:

  • Occupation (includes business owners, athletes, and artists)
  • Medical treatment
  • Tourism
  • Family (consisting of children, spouses, fiancées, and fiancés of present US
  • citizens)
  • Foreign exchange program
  • Education

Each reason for traveling to the United States has its visa number, and our skilled nonimmigrant visa attorney in New Jersey can help you obtain the visa that best matches your case. We assist you with the entirety of the procedure, including applications, extensions, and any issues that may occur during your stay.

People entering the United States with nonimmigrant visas are required to carry the following items at all times:

  • A passport issued by your own country
  • A visa for admission that is affixed to the passport
  • An I-94 form

Depending on the type of visa you obtain, the expiration period might range from 90 days to 10 years, while student visas often expire when you are no longer enrolled in the institution you came to attend. At Inderjit K. Sidhu ESQ. LLC, we assist you in understanding the specifics of your visa petition so that you may prevent legal issues throughout your stay.

H1-B Visa

Engineers, architects, accountants, and computer programmers, among others, are qualified for the H-1B work visa since their occupations demand certain skills and certifications. For generalists such as managers and marketing professionals, obtaining an H-1B visa may be more difficult.

If this fits you, contact our knowledgeable Princeton nonimmigrant visa attorney to get legal assistance regarding your eligibility and begin the legal immigration process.

What Are the Benefits of Having an H1-B Visa?

Numerous advantages are associated with the H-1B visa.

  • The application does not require a labor certification.
  • 15-day expedited processing is possible
  • If your company is prepared to sponsor you for a green card (EB-2 or EB-3), you have the option of converting to one of those categories.
  • No investment is necessary.
  • Your family will be granted H-4 visas, allowing them to reside and study in the United States.

H-4 Visa

Spouses and dependents of H-1B visa holders often get visas through their home country’s US consulate office. In certain instances, the individual(s) will already be present in the United States, where they can submit Form I-539 to convert their status.

How to Work on an H-4 Visa?

The Department of Homeland Security states that H-4 dependent spouses are permitted to work in the United States. You may be able to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) if you possess an H-4 visa.

For an H-4 dependent spouse to be permitted to work in the United States, they must complete Form I-765. To do so, they must be the primary beneficiary of an authorized alien worker or an individual with H-1B status.

L Visa

Numerous businesses have a worldwide footprint through their affiliates in the United States and abroad. As companies continue to grow, demand for L visas has soared. Under the L visa, which permits foreign executives, managers, and professionals with specific expertise to work in the United States, companies with affiliated operational entities in the United States are allowed to move some personnel to these offices.

L visa applicants benefit from dual intent and have access to streamlined processing for speedier decisions, similar to H-1B visa holders.

What Are the Two Types of L Visa?

L-1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer of Executive or Manager)

A US employer can transfer an executive or manager from a foreign office to an office in the United States. If a foreign corporation does not have an associate office in the United States, the L-1 visa may also be granted to establish one.

L-2 Visa (Intracompany Transfer of Employee With Specialized Knowledge)

Employers can bring employees with specific expertise or skill sets to the United States via the L-2 visa.

The maximum stay for executives and managers in the United States is seven years. Professionals with specific expertise are permitted to remain in the United States for up to five years.

What Are the Requirements to Obtain an L-Visa?

  • To qualify, the employer must demonstrate that they:
  • Has an acceptable relationship with the foreign corporation
  • Exists or will exist as an employer in the United States and another country

E-2 Visa

Own and run a company in the United States! The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa permits nationals of E-2 Treaty Countries to migrate to the United States with their spouse and dependent children to invest in and run a company they own. You have the option of starting a new business or acquiring an existing one or franchise.

Before beginning, we must review the business strategy with our skilled nonimmigrant visa attorney in Princeton, NJ. Call our immigration law firm today to learn more!

What Are the Different Benefits Associated With E-2 Visa?

  • The E-2 visa provides several benefits, including:
  • Low investment expectations (often greater than $100,000)
  • Freedom to travel into and out of the United States
  • Potentially unlimited renewals
  • Possibility for a spouse to work in the United States
  • Possibility of acquiring a business or business franchise
  • Rapid processing times
  • Potential tax benefits for permanent residents
  • Chance to get a green card in the future

I visa

The I visa is for representatives of foreign media. You may apply for an I visa at an embassy or consulate of the United States. Ensure you submit your application at an embassy or consulate with authority over your permanent residence. The Department of State determines issuance fees and application procedures.

After obtaining an I visa, you cannot enter the United States without the intent to engage in your profession. You may not represent foreign media in the United States without an I visa nonimmigrant classification.

Form I-539 must be filed if you are already in the United States and wish to alter your classification to that of an I nonimmigrant. Form I-539, Application to Extend or Change Nonimmigrant Status, must also be filed if you are a current I nonimmigrant who wishes to change your job or information source. Employer verification of your current occupational status is required for this form.

Who Can Apply for an I Visa?

The I visa may be available to you if you:

  • Represent a foreign news organization (such as a newspaper, radio station, movie, or other foreign news organization)
  • Are traveling to the United States only to pursue this line of work
  • Have a work office in a foreign nation

TN Visa

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) established unique economic and commercial relations between the United States, Mexico, and Canada. As part of NAFTA, Mexican and Canadian residents in specified professions (such as accounting, engineering, law, and teaching) may enter the United States on a TN visa to work temporarily in the United States.

The initial duration of a TN visa is up to three years. TN visa holders who remain in the United States may request three-year extensions. There is no maximum number of years a person with TN status may stay in the United States.

Who Can Apply for TN Visa?

To be eligible for a TN visa, an applicant must meet the following requirements:

  • Must be a citizen of Canada or Mexico
  • Must belong to a profession mentioned in NAFTA’s Annex 1603.D1
  • The candidate must have a full-time or part-time job in the United States with an employer in the United States
  • The applicant’s United States job must need a NAFTA professional
  • The candidate must possess the necessary credentials to practice the profession

Our Qualified Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney in Princeton is Always Prepared to Help

Obtaining a nonimmigrant visa in the United States is often challenging. We, at Inderjit K. Sidhu ESQ. LLC has handled different forms of immigration issues for years. Please contact our office immediately for a free 15-minute consultation. Our immigration firm offers legal representation to people, families, and businesses in Princeton and throughout the state of New Jersey.