Maximize Your NAFTA Visa Chances With Professional Legal Advice
Are you considering a trade NAFTA visa application to begin working in the United States? This can be an exciting prospect, but also one laden with many uncertainties. Even if your qualifications meet the criteria for a TN visa, having an experienced attorney assist throughout the process can make all the difference between being approved or denied.
Without strong legal representation, there may be unexpected issues that could lead to costly delays, rejections, and more. This is why it is in your best interest to consult our Princeton TN visa attorney before starting the application. We can assist you in speeding up the application process and receiving a favorable result. Contact us today to know more.
What is TN Visa?
The trade NAFTA visa, more formally known as the TN nonimmigrant status, is a type of visa that allows Canadian and Mexican citizens to come to the United States and work in certain professions. This visa was established through the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and provides businesses from all three countries with access to a well-qualified pool of workers who can effectively respond to their needs.
Individuals who receive TN visas are allowed to stay for up to three years. TN visas are renewable indefinitely and anyone may extend their stay by submitting documentation showing that they still qualify for the visa. While not as widely known nor applied to as more traditional immigration visas such as the H-1B, trade NAFTA visa provides a valuable opportunity for specialized professionals looking for employment in the US.
What are the Requirements to be Eligible for the TN Visa?
If you are a citizen of Canada or Mexico and looking to work in the United States in a qualifying professional occupation, you may be eligible for a TN visa. However, you must meet certain requirements that are specific to this category of work visa including:
- Proof of Canadian or Mexican citizenship
- A pre-arranged part-time or full-time employment in the United States
- Qualifications to work such as Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree
- If you’re looking to live and work in the United States, your job should be one of the 60 NAFTA professions that are widely accepted.
To help you evaluate your eligibility and assess your qualifications, do not hesitate to reach out to our Princeton TN visa attorney at Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq. LLC.
How do I Apply For NAFTA Visa?
Applying for a TN visa can be a straightforward process that begins with a thorough understanding of the necessary qualifications and application requirements. Here are the basic steps that you need to follow:
Know If You Qualify for TN Status
Only certain professional occupations, such as accountants, engineers, and teachers, are eligible for TN status. A complete list of eligible professions can be found in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
Prepare the Necessary Documentation
To apply for TN status, you will need to prepare several documents, including a cover letter explaining the purpose of your visit, a resume, and a degree certificate or professional license, if required for your profession.
Obtain a Job Offer From a U.S. Employer
In order to be eligible for TN status, you must have a job offer from a U.S. employer. Your employer will also need to provide a letter of support that details the nature of your job, your qualifications, and the terms of your employment.
Fill Out DS-160 Form Online and Pay the Visa Application Fee
Fill out the DS-160 form online, which is the nonimmigrant visa application form. You will need to provide information about yourself, your background, and your intended trip to the U.S. You will also need to pay the visa application fee, which varies depending on the country where you apply.
Schedule an Interview at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy
Depending on your location, you may need to schedule an interview at a U.S. consulate or embassy in Canada or Mexico. During the interview, you will need to present your documentation and discuss the details of your job offer and qualifications.
Receive Your TN Visa
If your application is approved, you will receive your TN visa, which will allow you to work in the U.S. for up to three years, with the possibility of renewal. Review the visa to ensure that all of the information is correct before you travel to the U.S.
If you’re looking to apply for a NAFTA visa, it’s important to work with our immigration lawyer who can guide you through the application process and help ensure your application is successful. Call us at Inderjit K. Sidhu Esq. LLC today for valuable assistance with your TN visa application needs.
What are the Benefits of Having a NAFTA Visa?
The NAFTA visa provides numerous benefits for businesses and individuals who want to work or invest in North America. Here are some of the advantages of a TN visa:
- Faster processing times – TN visas are processed much faster than other types of work visas, which can be a significant advantage for individuals and companies that need to fill a position quickly.
- Lower costs – TN visas are less expensive to obtain than other types of work visas, which can save employers and employees money.
- No annual limits – Unlike H-1B visas, there are no annual limits on the number of TN visas that can be issued, which makes it easier for Canadian and Mexican citizens to work in the United States.
- Access to a wide range of professions – TN visas can be obtained for a wide range of professional occupations, including engineers, managers, scientists, and teachers.
- Ability to bring dependents – TN visa holders can bring their spouse and children to the United States on TD visas, which allow them to live and study in the country.
- Potential for long-term employment – TN visas are renewable, which means that individuals can stay in the United States and work for extended periods of time.
- No permanent residency requirements – Unlike other types of work visas, TN visa holders are not required to pursue permanent residency in the United States, which allows them to maintain ties to their home country.
Enjoy the perks of having a TN visa. Our experienced trade NAFTA visa lawyer in Princeton, NJ is here to help. Contact Inderjit K. Sidhu, Esq. LLC now to learn more!
Top Reasons Why I Need a Trade NAFTA Visa Attorney
Hiring our Princeton TN visa attorney can provide several benefits when applying for a TN visa including:
- Determining if you are eligible for a TN visa – We have a thorough understanding of the criteria for eligibility and can provide knowledgeable advice about how to maximize your chances of acquiring one.
- Preparing your application – Our attorney is capable of recognizing small details and nuances in your application, providing helpful advice on what to include and how to present it in an effective way, and reviewing all details from start to finish to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Providing appropriate guidance – Our team can provide assistance with many facets of NAFTA paperwork, from providing advice on how to structure contracts to assisting in registering for the appropriate certificates of origin.
By retaining the services of our Princeton TN visa attorney, you can save countless hours and money. We can also help you ensure your trade documents are up-to-date and accurate at all times. Visit or contact us today for all your TN visa concerns and questions.
Call our Princeton TN Visa Attorney Now!
If you are looking forward to applying for TN Visa in Princeton, NJ, it is always best to talk to a proficient NAFTA Visa lawyer who can help you process everything from start to finish. Inderjit K. Sidhu, Esq. LLC is here to assist you.
Our top-notch and experienced TN attorneys are here to help you achieve that American dream. Call us for a free 15-minute consultation, or visit our law office in Princeton, NJ!